Ship Painting “Crown of Denmark” oil on board in life ring frame
Ship portrait of the "Crown of Denmark", a full-rigged, three masted steel ship. Built for Robertson Cruikshank and Company in 1883 by A. McMillian and Son, Dumbarton. In 1907 she was sold to J.A. Henshien, Norway and renamed Saga and again in 1917 to Danish owners who renamed her Viben. She was scraped in 1923. In a carved wood cushion form circular frame painted to resemble a life ring with banners top and bottom "Craigmore" and "Glasgow" and red and blue ensigns, on the left and right sides.
Height: 12.25 in.
Width: 12.25 in.
Depth: 1 in.